Sunday, July 25, 2010

Heartbreak

Last week, I fell head over heals in love. I'm feel ashamed for how much I fell for this darling dresser I found on EBay. (But since no one is reading this, technically, I am only talking to myself and so I can say whatever I want.) I never felt this way about a piece of furniture... But I guess as i am starting to get into this furniture painting thing, It's going to happen again and again.

It was my first love.


See the potential it has?? Some white slightly distressed paint, new handles, and I even was planning to give the mirror a new home on my hallway wall. I even brought some handles on the weekend for it! I've seen the handels at bunnings for $8 each, and then saw them in the bargain bin for $1 at the local hardware store, so I had to stock up! I feel like such a fool, I was so cocky and sure it was mine!
And I lost it in a split second, stupidly focusing on the Master Chef finale I forget to make a bid.

It ended up going for only $40. Bargain of the century!
I have loved and lost, and learnt a valuable lesson. See what you loose when you watch Master Chef instead of claiming your love?
I hope it gets treated well at its new home.
Whats that saying about loving something and letting it free? Maybe the planets will aline, and it will come back to me?
As I type this, I am also checking over EBay, cos I am a chick and I can multi task. Doubt I will ever find anything as cute bu-


Hang on.


Wow!


Check it out!

So. Much. Potential!!!!!!!!
And this one comes with two side tables as well!!
*Squeals*
OK, I'm back and have a new love! Hopefully in 9 days I actually bid on this, and this baby will be mine!

4 comments:

  1. I am your first official follower! Hooray for me! I know how that "talking to yourself" thing is, lol, when people don't leave comments you never know who's been by to visit.
    So... welcome to the blog world! Stop back by to see my slow progress on the chair (we had a busy weekend, therefor the slow part).
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I'm visiting from NFF and wanted to say hello! I'm happily following you and would love it if you stopped by FFD and said hello back! I agree...both of these pieces having amazing potential and I just know you'll love fixing them up..it's a great feeling, huh?
    Hugs and all the best,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terrell, already stalking you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails